Life At Jenny´s House

1. Bought an old vanity table for this little trouble maker this weekend.
2. We also spend a lot of time inside Viola´s new closet……
3. …it is covered in Cherries and hard to resist.
4. We need to learn Finnish. Found some fun Finnish literature at a fleamarket and bought them all.
5. We have not built Viola´s bed yet, but she seems to be ready to move in there anyway.

, ,

11 Responses to Life At Jenny´s House

1. meg April 15, 2013 at 11:20 #

cherries are indeed hard to resist, I myself would love to sit there for a while and just look :)

Jenny, forgive my asking, but how much of your photography is photoshop/lightroom/or any other and how much is just this: my eye/my head/my heart/my camera and the lovely surroundings?

• Jenny Brandt April 15, 2013 at 13:30 #

Meg!

Good question.

I shoot everything in Raw. and the make them a bit “harder” in the camera raw-program that comes with the camera. Usually the contrast is all a change for these “for the blog”. In photoshop I use curves to do the same thing.

However when I photograph for magazines or do other work I work a lot more with the pictures.

And when Jens gets involved it gets a lot more complicated. Jens is an expert on Photoshop and Illustrator and has not only a great eye but also great imagination.
      Here are some examples of our work together as a team.

• meg April 15, 2013 at 14:25 #

Thanks Jenny.
        For the links as well. I am a great admirer of Jens’s ideas and works too, and I really love your photos. Good to learn they are not all about post-processing. I am pretty much into this issue now, and every time I find photographs that are ‘closer to nature’ I feel relieved in a way. I do appreciate all the good that comes with computers and digital world, but I miss the old school approach to photography.

• Jenny Brandt April 15, 2013 at 18:06 #

Oh Meg! Yes I love discussing this. a very interesting topic.
          there are so many sides to it.

like Instagram: I love how it lets people filter pictures without the skills and hassle of photoshop. It´s like everyone is a photographer now just like everyone is a guitar hero (with the game with the same name).

But it might make us tired of the filtered pictures. Giving us an overload. maybe the next step will be trying to make them look less retro, and more “real”.

I also feel there are so many ways of “cheating”, what is real?
          I feel a good quality camera shows life more accurate, like the eye. Compared to a compact camera. sometimes all the magic gets completely lost with them Especially in low light situations where flash is needed.

But when it comes to faking things, unreal things that are impossible to do for real. Stuff I have in my head. Then I am so happy that photoshop makes it possible. I might have lost my mind with out it.

I love reality. But I love the surreal even more. I want them both.

• meg April 15, 2013 at 22:55 #

That’s right. To mix and shuffle both real and surreal is exciting. But the thing is that some 95% of the photographs I come across every day is artificial in a way, and this makes me feel anxious because it’s a bit like you can’t get high without drugs – you can’t get good, stimulating photography without photoshop.
            And I also happen to hear from people whose job or main hobby is photography that it doesn’t really matter if the picture you take is good or not. What makes photography nowadays is how good you are at handling photoshop.

2. amanda April 15, 2013 at 15:13 #

åh gud sånt där mönster var verkligen mitt FINASTE när jag var en liten krabat.. älskart fortfarande inser jag nu!

• Jenny Brandt April 16, 2013 at 09:07 #

Amanda!

hade du denna tapet?

Jag har köpt denna på loppis och vet inte hur gammal den är.
      Hade varit skoj med ett årtionde

j

3. petronella April 16, 2013 at 09:42 #

jag vill ju absolut inte vara “sån” men det är faktiskt lingon. precis lika fina för det. vi har precis samma i vår sommarstuga. älskar att sova i det rummet. skulle gissa att det rummet är tapetserat runt 50-60-talet :)

• Jenny Brandt April 16, 2013 at 15:52 #

Är det sant? Lingon. Vad kul. Haha

• Petra April 29, 2013 at 21:37 #

Det stämmer, vi hade en ilknande tapet med lingon och blåbär. Kallade det rummet för blåbärsrummet, kan ha varit ett och ett annat barr med också.

4. Sarah April 17, 2013 at 14:17 #

Kommer att bli så grymt! Ser verkligen fram emot att få se helheten sen!

Sarah