Tool cabinet became our food cabinet

img_0013_53515032

I really wish I would have taken a good “before picture” of this cabinet, but instead I only took one of it laying in the back of our car. Doesn’t tell you that much, but it had been in a garage its whole life (30 years maybe?)  and it sure looked that way. We found it in an internet ad and drove it straight to dad´s car-paint-shop.

Now it looks alot better, see below. We love it! And we love dad!

Today I went to Copenhagen for a Dos Visit. I will show you tomorrow, today I have to rest my belly.

PS: I updated the Family Photo Tour today. Go have a look!

img_5661

16 Responses to Tool cabinet became our food cabinet

1. nath September 30, 2009 at 5:43 pm #

oooh! so jazzy! i did something similar once with a Bisley filing cabinet.

2. Jenny at Dos September 30, 2009 at 6:25 pm #

nath! i would love to see it!
    Is it on your blog? I know you are going to love the home i went to visit today. i can feel it.

3. nath September 30, 2009 at 6:39 pm #

no, it’s not on my blog, but maybe i will take a photograph of it though, just for you!

and yes, i know i’ll love it too, i just can’t help it, you don’t seem to post anything i don’t fall in love with! now, i’m excited just thinking about it!

4. AprillAprill Johanna September 30, 2009 at 7:22 pm #

Wow, älskar gamla arkivskåp, skåp från gamla omklädningsrum eller skolor. Tur att ha en pappa som din.

5. Hanna September 30, 2009 at 8:02 pm #

Åh vad fint det blev, jag vill också ha en billackerare i familjen!

6. Sofia September 30, 2009 at 9:36 pm #

Helt underbart superhärligt blev det! Jag vill också ha ett sånt.

Appråpå att ta dåliga förebilder, jag är expert på det, man grämer sig rätt rejält sen.

7. Katarina October 1, 2009 at 9:01 am #

Milda Matilda vilken skönhet. Och lite rosa blev den också.

8. Krickelin October 1, 2009 at 10:02 am #

Supersnyggt och kalasbra! Det är ju toppen att ha en pappa som din. Fin ordning där i skåpen också. ;)

9. Kicki October 1, 2009 at 11:44 am #

Men gud så fint!

10. åsa October 1, 2009 at 5:56 pm #

attans va fint! underbart att se gamla grejer som får nytt liv. ni är påhittiga ni!

11. AprillAprill Johanna October 1, 2009 at 6:38 pm #

ps, har du sett skåpen med siffror på som föräldrarna till Bertil i Nils Karlsson Pyssling har sina kläder i på fabriken de jobbar? Ska lägga upp en bild sen. Så grymt snygga!

12. vintage simple October 5, 2009 at 1:54 pm #

I absolutely love this – reuse at its best. It still retains it’s utalitarian feel, but painted in such fun colors (and against that beautifully graphic wallpaper), it becomes such a wonderful art piece, almost. I love it! Great, great job!
    -maria

13. carole smith October 8, 2009 at 3:16 pm #

I love your updated cupboard, we have three in our kitchen, I ‘m inspired to spray paint them now

14. Dublemen January 10, 2010 at 7:40 am #

Hello, I want to congratulate your site with 2010. I am sure that, in this new year, your article will please his readers.

1. Today at my house | DosFamily - January 23, 2010

[...] Tool cabinet goes kitchen cabinet [...]

2. Candy Kitchen | DosFamily - April 6, 2011

[...] Usually it´s a lot more messy in here! I bought this old metal tool cabinet from an old car garage. And painted it. See more of it here! [...]