Dos Visit Jenny´s own home 2013

Today we are going to take a deep dive into my own home. Let´s talk about the color pink. Why we have a stern women in our bathroom. John Waters. A rooster. A golden unicorn. A dead badger. And pencils without lids. This tour was featured on Design Sponge´s Sneak Peak a while back. You can read a little bit more there!

Enjoy!

We removed some cabinets in our kitchen to fit this bench. It was so worth it. Sure, we had to get rid of some stuff, but who needs 13 baking pans? Also we painted a big pink shape on the floor and wall. The fabric on the sofa is by Lisa Bengtsson.

Love my little dish-brush-holder. They are called Rosa Ljung, you can find them at fleamarkets all over Sweden.

Viola will be going nowwhere without her unicycle this summer.

Purple table painted by my father, the car painter. Both table and chairs are second hand. The lamp is from Gamla Lampor, Malmö. And if you are in Sweden you can buy the World Map here!

The candle holders are also second hand. Old 70´s wooded ones spray painted in a mix of Montana spray.

I bought this rooster lamp in Nebraska. The chair is from a fleamarket here in Ystad and when I had bought it a girl who follow me on Instagram said she is sure it is her old chair. How outrageous is that?! very.
And the picture on the wall is of Viola and a dead badger.

This is me. And behind me Rasputin cover by my Jens Grönberg.

Viola relaxing in Shampoodle clothes after reading a Scooby Doo comic book. It can be exhausting as you all know.
Other important info regarding this photo: The story of the sofa found here! Pillow and some of the prints from Fine Little day shop.  The mirror is from Ikea and the illustration of blushing Carl is from our own shop. Other art by Janeric Johansson. Carpet from Lauritz.

Folding is overrated.
PS. If you were paying attention you noticed that I was wearing these clothes in the picture before. And yes you are correct: that means I am shooting this picture in my underwear.

Bobby, election poster from Nebraska.

Not only is this a unicorn it is also golden.

This is Viola´s room.

This is her shelf.

And this is her door and her accordion.

I love women and I love horror. That is why these wicked ladies are in my bedroom. They are the first thing I see in the morning and the last thing I see at night.

And this stern looking women is what I see when I look in the mirror. She keeps me focused.

Some things scattered around my house. Guys from MASH. A nose for a kitty. Coffee. Pictures. And pens with no lids.
Last week I told you that The Wickedsisterhood is my bible. Well.. let me ad John Waters book Role Models to that list. It also has all the answered to my problems.

Pin It

, , , , , , , , ,

33 Responses to Dos Visit Jenny´s own home 2013

1. Maria April 23, 2013 at 3:27 pm #

I LOVE your home and can I please move in? I probably would be most comfortable next to the awesome stuff and tiger door in violas room, but only if I also could have full access the horror ladies in the bedroom.

• Jenny Brandt April 23, 2013 at 3:39 pm #

Oh Maria!

Du är välkommen :)

2. enannanhelena April 23, 2013 at 3:32 pm #

Så mycket fint. Mycket känner jag ju igen, men jag njuter gärna igen å igen.

Älskar särskilt tigern på dörren, enhörningen i guld (svansen var så krumt, nej inte grymt, krumt kul!), den uppfodrande rektorsdamen på toa (hua, vad fort man skulle borsta tänderna om hon fanns i närheten…) och att se Hawk-eye ligga där längst ner och därigenom bli påmind om en av de bästa serierna ever!

Fint Jenny, men hur mår du egentligen som vill vila ögonen på den hemskaste av klassiska duschscener. Varje morgon? Varje kväll? ;)

/helena

• Jenny Brandt April 23, 2013 at 3:38 pm #

Haha Helena.

Det kan man fråga sig.
      VAKNA! Låtsas jag att hon skriker på morgonen.

3. Isabelle April 23, 2013 at 5:03 pm #

Lovely!

4. Sarah April 23, 2013 at 9:10 pm #

Alltså Jenny, du är så sjukt grym. Tavelväggen i sovrummet. Fullkomligt genial och jag ÄLSKAR att du älskar skräck. Det hade jag ingen aning om. Jag har precis skrivit en uppsats om våld i litteratur, och jobbar med ett skräcktema med mina elever – det finns inget så inspirerande som att pyssla med det man älskar om dagarna! Kan hända att jag stjäl din idé i framtiden, om det är ok med dig.

Kram Sarah

• Jenny Brandt April 23, 2013 at 9:17 pm #

Sarah! Jag uppskattar så att du supportar mig. Älskar det. Tack!! Jo jag älskar skräck. Men sen jag blev mamma klarar jag bara av att se skräck som jag redan sett tusen gånger. Så jag vet när det blir läskigt.
      Som tur är har jag hunnit se mkt skräck innan barnen kom så jag har ett bra arkiv jag kan kolla.

På tal om skräck : jag undrar om du sett “American movie” ? Den handlar om en kille som gör skräckfilm.
      Det är min favoritfilm. Någonsin. Se den om du inte redan gjort.

5. Cecilie April 23, 2013 at 9:38 pm #

Whenever I feel like I should decorate more grown up and classic, I go to your blog and realise that living like this is wonderful and I go out to buy more colorful stuff at fleamarkets that makes me happy. Thank you!

• Jenny Brandt April 24, 2013 at 9:26 am #

Cecilie!

Thank you for taking the time to tell me this.
      I feel that way so often. ” We need to grow up” and especially when I´ve been photographing a home that has all that class och loveliness of soft carpets, put together decor. beautiful furniture. and stuff that costs more den 10 bucks.

We are who we are..

6. madelein - sexbarnsmamma April 23, 2013 at 10:11 pm #

So many fantastic details, love your home!!

• Jenny Brandt April 24, 2013 at 9:22 am #

Tack Madelein!

7. Potato Cake Vintage April 23, 2013 at 10:49 pm #

That Scooby Doo comic makes me so happy! My kids are obsessed with the original Scooby.

• Jenny Brandt April 24, 2013 at 9:22 am #

Scooby Doo has been a big thing for Viola for a long time. But now it is more Lady Gaga. Frank on the other hand loves it.

8. BaZar BaZil VIntage April 24, 2013 at 10:35 am #

Lovely!

9. consuelo April 24, 2013 at 11:16 am #

i love your home and it’s details!!! specially the lady in the bathroom, every time i see her it makes me smile. you have a beautiful and happy house, i hope some day mine will be full of little things that tell a story like yours. :)

10. Sara April 24, 2013 at 2:16 pm #

Your house rocks :D

11. Melissa@Julia's Bookbag April 24, 2013 at 8:26 pm #

Your house DOES rock! Happy happy fun. love it. esp the pic of viola and the badger. epic!

12. Josefin May 4, 2013 at 11:10 pm #

Älskar fototavlan från Axtones senaste!!

13. Simon May 12, 2013 at 4:06 pm #

Hej! Tokfina bilder, och hem. Är speciellt förtjust i de två badrums/apoteksskåpen ni har i köket. Klockrent att ha massa randoma muggar och koppar i, istället för att gömma dem i mörka skåp :) Går skåpen att köpa någonstans eller är det loppisfynd?

• Jenny Brandt May 12, 2013 at 6:27 pm #

Hej Simon!
      Tack!
      Jag har köpt dem på loppis. De fanns på Ikea en gång i tiden. Så praktiska.
      j

14. Ami May 16, 2013 at 12:56 am #

Love all of it! Such a cool house :)

15. Emma K June 22, 2013 at 12:56 pm #

Härligt hem! Den snygga väggfästa trästången med krokar för kläder, vart har du hittat den?

• Jenny Brandt June 22, 2013 at 10:57 pm #

Tack.
      Den har vi byggt av material från vår bygghandel

16. susan August 24, 2013 at 8:25 pm #

I love the map dining room! I know you said your chairs are second hand, but I love them and wondered if there is any kind of label or manufacturer info on them?

• Jenny Brandt August 25, 2013 at 11:57 am #

Hey Susan.
      Glad you like them. But there is no stamp or name under them :(

17. Judith January 7, 2014 at 11:48 pm #

Hi Jenny,

I love your house and I’m absolutely in love with your egg chair. Do you know the name of the chair or the designer?

Thanks!!
    Judith

18. Jennifer F January 28, 2014 at 4:41 pm #

Sooooo gorgeous, creative, and whimsical!
    I have just begun to homeschool my oldest, and I would love to find an english version of the large world map like the one in your dining room.
    I, too, would LOVE to know more about your leather, swivel lounge chair. The lines are perfect, and exactly what I’m looking for.

Thank you!!!
    Jennifer

19. cherry February 25, 2014 at 7:27 am #

Hi Jenny,
    I love your home decor, especially the dinning area.
    I am wondering that do you recall the color name of Montana spray you used for painted candle (the aqua one).
    Thank you so much!

• Jenny Brandt February 25, 2014 at 12:28 pm #

Hello!
      Thank you..

let me think… We used Manhattan, Paris, Patina. I think Patina is the green one…

1. TONOS PASTELES EN EL HOGAR | Functional Home - November 14, 2013

[...] hogar de la blogger y fotógrafa Jenny Brandt es un ejemplo de cómo innovar la casa con la tendencia de las tonalidades pastel. El diseño [...]

2. I could live here | Trend Alert - January 24, 2014

[…] que sou super fã do DOS Family, do blog e das suas autoras, bem como do trabalho delas. Esta é a casa da Jenny e eu adoro! O que mais me atrai nestas casas é o despretensiosismo com que as coisas se conjugam, […]