Hart shaped rice krispie treats
In our book we have one spread with special treats. We have got questions about the heart shaped Rice Krispies treats that are in the book. How do you make these delicious snacks?
About 10 minutes making them and cooling down at least 30 min
American cooking spray, butter, oils pray or simple baking paper – just some plain grease for the baking tray/sheet
2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
6 cups mini (or about 60 normal sized) marshmellows.
9 cups Rice Krispies Cereals
Hart shaped cookie cutter or whatever cookie cutters you like
Food coloring – if you like.
How to do these beauties:
1. Grease the baking tray/sheet with the margarine or spray – put it aside.
2. Melt the butter or margarine in a large pot. The heat is low.
3. Stir and in the same time add the marshmallows into the pot. A couple a time not all of them at the same time.
4. Stir the mixture with butter and marshmallows until they melt.
5. At this time you can remove the pan from the heat and add the food coloring – if you want it.
6. Now put the pan over the heat again. Stir continuous while you add all the Rice Krispies into the pan and mix them up until they are covered with the butter/marshmallow mix.
7. Take a spoon and get the mixture out on the baking tray/sheet.
8. Use buttered hands and even the mixture out so it will be the same thickness all over.
9. Make shapes with the cookie cutter.
10. Let them cool down in the fridge.
You can also dip them in melted chocolate.
1 cup = 2,37 dl
2 cups = 4,73 dl
Enjoy and Good Luck!
All photo’s by Eric Josjö
Join the discussion and tell us your opinion.
[…] who live in his and hers (pink and blue?!) homes, right beside each other. Um. Dos Family makes Rice Bubble Hearts! Have a party! No questions asked if you happen to return Tom Petty’s seven stolen guitars. […]