Fleamarket finds I treasure

I got this challenge from The Swedish Retro -blog retronu.blogg.se

It was originally a challenge for my other blog Sammy Rose, but I decided I wanted to show it here instead.

“Post your 5 best fleamarket-finds ”

Even though the rules were simple I couldn’t stick with them. Because I have been up with my newborn baby Frank all night I decided to make it a bit easier for me, so I will show you only 3 finds instead.

Here goes:

1. I found this “Girl with Puppy” picture at a Antique Mall in Lincoln Nebraska. Both me and Jens fell for her and packed her in our suitcase with us back home to Sweden. I love to buy framed pictures as travel memorabilia.

img_5387

2. … and we have many times. Like this other great find. A photo from the  “Gen´l Federation Women´s Clubs”. June 2-6 1958. Detroit. We found this at a Salvation Army, also in Nebraska, after several hours of walking. It was really to hot and to humid for a walk that day, but this find made it all worthwhile.

After playing “Where is Waldo” in the search for a man in the picture we have found TWO of them. One sitting at a table and one butler.

img_53881

img_5389

3. There is a local Flea market that I visit here a lot. It is located at the harbor of Ystad and the lady who owns it is a robust Polish lady with very high prices.  But since I am there a lot she kind of likes me and once she was in a really good mood and let me have these chairs almost for free. I think that she thought they were really ugly. But I love them.

img_1820_41021352

, , , , ,

11 Responses to Fleamarket finds I treasure

1. Breezy March 2, 2010 at 3:39 pm #

how funny! i am from lincoln, nebraska. maybe i will go out to the antique mall this weekend – you have inspired me now :)

Jenny At Dos Family Answers: hah great! I wish I could pop on over and see what´s new.
    And by the way. Let me know if you know any Lincoln -homes that would fit our Dos Visits. I would love to feature them. We plan on going to Lincoln later this year, so then I would love to have some homes to photograph.

2. kathrine Lindsay March 2, 2010 at 4:44 pm #

cool stuff…. ;)

3. Elisabeth - anyhow.se March 2, 2010 at 7:29 pm #

Damerna såg liiitebarska ut kan jag känna! :)
    Stolarna var ju absolut grymt fina!

4. Hinke March 2, 2010 at 8:30 pm #

‘Girl with puppy’ looks amazingly like Shirley Temple.

5. Indie Mom and the Reluctant Banker March 2, 2010 at 11:39 pm #

Very nice! I really like the photo of all the ladies (although I can’t seem to see any men in it.)

6. Colleen March 3, 2010 at 4:18 am #

Hi, I am loving all things Swedish right now and wondered if you could help me find your fantastic clogs? Thanks. You look adorable!

7. Caroline Hepburn March 3, 2010 at 11:35 am #

Hi, can anyone advice me how to subscribe to this blog. Cant locate a general RSS feed, just one for specific comment feeds! Many thanks ♥♥

Jenny at Dos Family: Hello. I am so happy you want to subscribe. I can´t seem to get it to work. But I will give it another try.

8. Simon March 3, 2010 at 4:36 pm #

Mycket fina och roliga fynd :)

9. itsallvintage March 3, 2010 at 8:54 pm #

fina grejer! och du jenny, jag gillar verkligen eran gummo-tavla (för visst är kaninkillen från filmen gummo?), har du gjort den själv? jag vill också ha!! :)
    /Annika

Jenny at Dos svarar: Hej! ja visst är det “cock-a-doodle-doo,
    doodle-doo, doodle-doo.-kaninen” Jens har gjort den. Just nu står den faktiskt undanställd.

10. fru a March 4, 2010 at 9:32 pm #

wow, dammiddagsbilden är alldeles fantastisk!

1. Candy Kitchen | DosFamily - April 6, 2011

[...] framed pictures, to the left, are among my favourit [...]