Last weekend of September

Good Morning!
This is what this weekend looked at my house.

Viola and the iPad in front of our shelf. This shelf was custom built from a sketch we made. The best thing in our house. So happy with it. See more of the shelf in this “Dollhouse-post” and here

Also.. see the little box that looks like Frank up there?
Frank and our house as a boxes click here!

1. I take pictures of things I like on TV
2. I Instagram them
3. I Stickygram them

Viola meditating

A dream came true for our family this weekend. We finally moved our dining table into the TV room. After dinner we practiced the Gangnam dance. Viola loves horses so it really came very natural for her.

Also downloaded the app “Superman vision” and watched Viola ribs.
No just kidding.

21 Responses to Last weekend of September

1. Cecilie October 1, 2012 at 09:02 #

I love your home! Looks so cozy :)

2. åsa October 1, 2012 at 09:18 #

Ni har det så fint!! Snart flyttar vi till nytt, då tänkte jag minsann sno bokhylleidéen av dig och ha alla våra böcker runt sovrumsfönstret! Japp japp!

3. Isabelle McAllister October 1, 2012 at 09:49 #

yes so cozy and that autumn light – yummie*!

4. Melissa@Julia's Bookbag October 1, 2012 at 19:47 #

I want to come play at your house!!!!!

Hey swedish friends — any thoughts on the Ikea Docksta table? Do you know anyone who has it? I’ve read a million reviews, people either love it or hate it.

5. Helena October 1, 2012 at 21:30 #

Så fint och inspirerande. Som vanligt. :)

6. Melissa@Julia's Bookbag October 1, 2012 at 22:56 #

Not to imply that all swedish folks must know about Ikea :) — but you guys are design savvy so might have an opinion…oh you know what I mean! xo

• Jenny Brandt October 1, 2012 at 23:04 #

Melissa!! Hah! Funny. I have à table like that but older and not Ikea. It is also not very sturdy. And we keep telling the kids not to lean on it.

7. Petra October 3, 2012 at 20:41 #

Älskar kartan på väggen! Får man fråga varifrån den är?

8. Julia October 9, 2012 at 17:53 #

I love your pictures and that’s part of why I follow this blog.

Apparently some more people like you but don’t think it’s necessary to credit you, and I’m doing what is in my hands to reverse that. I found the first picture here http://teachingliteracy.tumblr.com/post/33225533115/myidealhome-via-open-shelving-ideas, crediting someone’s Pinterest board.

I sent them an email saying it was yours. I hope they take notice.

9. Dixie October 10, 2012 at 15:25 #

Love your house. What kind of chair is that in the room with the books. And also where did you get it. Love to have that for my sons room.

10. Lene October 13, 2012 at 17:02 #

Love the top picture. Do you know who the designer of the chair is. Love it. Thank you.
    Lene

11. Hossein October 16, 2012 at 00:26 #

nice! :)

12. Jenn October 18, 2012 at 05:45 #

Actually was wondering where you got the wall map from? We’ve been wanting one for or son but I can’t seem to find any that aren’t obnoxious in the colors. This looks perfect!

• Jenny Brandt October 18, 2012 at 15:02 #

Hey Jenn!
      Are you in the US?
      We bought ours at some site that provided maps for school and military (yes its true)
      can´t remember the name… world map…something…google war maps

13. Anna, Sydney September 3, 2013 at 23:29 #

I’m a bit late to the party (oh, by about a year, but who’s counting). May I please ask where you snatched up that beautiful leather chair?

• Jenny Brandt September 4, 2013 at 22:24 #

Hey!
      Better late then never!!!

It is vintage. Dont know the name.

• Anna, Sydney September 11, 2013 at 22:48 #

Thank you Jenny. You’re so lucky. I know now I’ll be looking for that chair for the rest of my days, ha.

1. For reading - May 23, 2013

[...] Dos Family, via 16 [...]

2. Reading Room | Edged in Awesome - April 7, 2014

[…] 1 – Mark Badgley and James Mischka’s lib in Kentucky, via Elle Decor. 2 – Home office featured in Elle Decor, via the Decorating Files. 3 – 1960′s town house in House Beautiful; Striped Chair via Absolutely Beautiful Things. 4 – Library in South of France home in Elle Decor. 5 – Tall bookcases in Domino Mag 6 – Cozy corner shot by Dos Family. […]