Last weekend of September

Good Morning!
This is what this weekend looked at my house.

Viola and the iPad in front of our shelf. This shelf was custom built from a sketch we made. The best thing in our house. So happy with it. See more of the shelf in this “Dollhouse-post” and here

Also.. see the little box that looks like Frank up there?
Frank and our house as a boxes click here!

1. I take pictures of things I like on TV
2. I Instagram them
3. I Stickygram them

Viola meditating

A dream came true for our family this weekend. We finally moved our dining table into the TV room. After dinner we practiced the Gangnam dance. Viola loves horses so it really came very natural for her.

Also downloaded the app “Superman vision” and watched Viola ribs.
No just kidding.

29 Comments

Join the discussion and tell us your opinion.

Ceciliereply
October 01, 2012 at 09:10 AM

I love your home! Looks so cozy :)

åsareply
October 01, 2012 at 09:10 AM

Ni har det så fint!! Snart flyttar vi till nytt, då tänkte jag minsann sno bokhylleidéen av dig och ha alla våra böcker runt sovrumsfönstret! Japp japp!

Jenny from DosFamilyreply
October 01, 2012 at 07:10 PM
– In reply to: åsa

Det gör ni rätt i!!

Isabelle McAllisterreply
October 01, 2012 at 09:10 AM

yes so cozy and that autumn light – yummie*!

Melissa@Julia’s Bookbagreply
October 01, 2012 at 07:10 PM

I want to come play at your house!!!!!

Hey swedish friends — any thoughts on the Ikea Docksta table? Do you know anyone who has it? I’ve read a million reviews, people either love it or hate it.

Helenareply
October 01, 2012 at 09:10 PM

Så fint och inspirerande. Som vanligt. :)

Melissa@Julia’s Bookbagreply
October 01, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Not to imply that all swedish folks must know about Ikea :) — but you guys are design savvy so might have an opinion…oh you know what I mean! xo

Jenny Brandtreply
October 01, 2012 at 11:10 PM
– In reply to: Melissa@Julia's Bookbag

Melissa!! Hah! Funny. I have à table like that but older and not Ikea. It is also not very sturdy. And we keep telling the kids not to lean on it.

Petrareply
October 03, 2012 at 08:10 PM

Älskar kartan på väggen! Får man fråga varifrån den är?

Jenny Brandtreply
October 03, 2012 at 09:10 PM
– In reply to: Petra

Hej Petra!
Ja den är fin. Kolla här http://dosfamily.com/2012/02/our-world-map/

Juliareply
October 09, 2012 at 05:10 PM

I love your pictures and that’s part of why I follow this blog.

Apparently some more people like you but don’t think it’s necessary to credit you, and I’m doing what is in my hands to reverse that. I found the first picture here http://teachingliteracy.tumblr.com/post/33225533115/myidealhome-via-open-shelving-ideas, crediting someone’s Pinterest board.

I sent them an email saying it was yours. I hope they take notice.

Dixiereply
October 10, 2012 at 03:10 PM

Love your house. What kind of chair is that in the room with the books. And also where did you get it. Love to have that for my sons room.

Lenereply
October 13, 2012 at 05:10 PM

Love the top picture. Do you know who the designer of the chair is. Love it. Thank you.
Lene

Hosseinreply
October 16, 2012 at 12:10 AM

nice! :)

Jennreply
October 18, 2012 at 05:10 AM

Actually was wondering where you got the wall map from? We’ve been wanting one for or son but I can’t seem to find any that aren’t obnoxious in the colors. This looks perfect!

Jenny Brandtreply
October 18, 2012 at 03:10 PM
– In reply to: Jenn

Hey Jenn!
Are you in the US?
We bought ours at some site that provided maps for school and military (yes its true)
can´t remember the name… world map…something…google war maps

For readingreply
May 23, 2013 at 12:05 PM

[…] Dos Family, via 16 […]

Anna, Sydneyreply
September 03, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I’m a bit late to the party (oh, by about a year, but who’s counting). May I please ask where you snatched up that beautiful leather chair?

Jenny Brandtreply
September 04, 2013 at 10:09 PM
– In reply to: Anna, Sydney

Hey!
Better late then never!!!

It is vintage. Dont know the name.

Anna, Sydneyreply
September 11, 2013 at 10:09 PM
– In reply to: Jenny Brandt

Thank you Jenny. You’re so lucky. I know now I’ll be looking for that chair for the rest of my days, ha.

Reading Room | Edged in Awesomereply
April 07, 2014 at 02:04 PM

[…] 1 – Mark Badgley and James Mischka’s lib in Kentucky, via Elle Decor. 2 – Home office featured in Elle Decor, via the Decorating Files. 3 – 1960′s town house in House Beautiful; Striped Chair via Absolutely Beautiful Things. 4 – Library in South of France home in Elle Decor. 5 – Tall bookcases in Domino Mag 6 – Cozy corner shot by Dos Family. […]

Twenty Sixteen | The Commonplacereply
January 02, 2016 at 04:01 AM

[…] one / two / three / four / five/ six / seven / eight / nine […]

Weekend Wooninspiratie – INTERIOR JUNKIEreply
February 10, 2016 at 02:02 PM

[…] Etsy. 4.Style me pretty. 5. Ruffled 6. BLOGLOVIN’. 7. Tidbits & Twine. 8. BLOGLOVIN’ 9. Dosfamily 10. […]

Before & Afters by the Dozen: 12 Amazing Vintage Chair Makeovers Sell Ur Shit | Make Money Selling Your Shit online for Free | Sell Ur Shit | Make Money Selling Your Shit online for Freereply
March 23, 2016 at 06:03 PM

[…] a vintage modern dining mix like this one from Style Me Pretty.4. Create a corner reading spot like Dos Family did.5. Make a reading space in your bedroom, as in this home by Kate Maloney Interior Design via […]

Before & Afters by the Dozen: 12 Amazing Vintage Chair Makeovers – Pioneers Discoversreply
March 23, 2016 at 06:03 PM

Ashleighreply
January 18 at 01:01 PM

Hi, I love that tan chair that is in the photograph. I have been looking for the perfect chair and that is it. Can you please let me know the details or where it is from and how much? Thanks so much. Your home looks beautiful.

Jenny Brandtreply
January 21 at 09:01 AM
– In reply to: Ashleigh

Hey!
Thank you!
I bought the chair second hand and it has no markings. =(

Jenny

Andersreply
January 24 at 02:01 AM
– In reply to: Ashleigh

that beautiful chair caught my eye as well, so I did some googleresearching – try typing in keywords like “Swivel”, “Egg Chair”, “Overman”, “60s vintage” in the image search and you will get pretty close :)

Xeniareply
April 02 at 07:04 PM

Hello Jenny, i love a gold lamp in your home. Could you tell please which designer it is? Thank you a lot!