Nesting: Answer to “How did you paint your table”

Let me tell you.

If you like to redecorate now and then and are into buying things second hand then I think you should get to know your local car painter.
I´m lucky, my dad is one! With car paint the furnisher gets super shiny, and it so much better then buying new. And I suck at painting myself.  I´ve started on so many projects that sit unfinished.

So the answer is: I did not paint it my self it was painted with car paint in a body shop!

And this is where we bought the wallpaper  map

Before it was purple , our table was green,

Dad´s shop.

What is Nesting on Dos Family?

When I am out visiting people I see so many “good Ideas” that I collect with my camera. It can be neat everyday things like clever storage solutions for your clothes or just fun decor.
Small things that give your home a little more swag or simply make it more efficient.

The ones I am drawn to are often thrifty and pretty effortless and I hope you find them just as inspiring.
Also all of them are photographed by me or Isabelle. And sometimes they are from our own homes.

, , , , , , ,

20 Responses to Nesting: Answer to “How did you paint your table”

1. Lovisa February 11, 2012 at 10:23 #

wao! Bilden på din pappas hand är underbar!! Fint med det grova o det rosa.!!/lovisa

2. Linda February 11, 2012 at 12:21 #

Jag måste nog ut och ragga på en snygg billackerare verkar det som!

3. suemey February 11, 2012 at 17:12 #

Hi one question now that we know your dad is an expert. My kitchen furniture is naturally painted with car paint. They are made from metal and then coated with the paint.

Do you know if one could paint over them? Because the seller said no, but I guess it was just greedy business talk so we buy more from them. This are the pics. Sorry for the mess.

4. suemey February 11, 2012 at 17:14 #

sorry double post. I meant painted over with car paint again.

• Jenny Brandt February 11, 2012 at 19:51 #

Hey!

Well i dont know, but you can sandpaper and reapaint a car that is made of metall….. Take a front to an auto shop and ask them. Maybe they could sandpaper à small part of the front that is not to visable and see.

Good luck!

5. Lena February 11, 2012 at 19:41 #

What a nice family-design connection! And, wow, that tables does look great!!

6. suemey February 11, 2012 at 20:35 #

Thank you jenny ^_^ I just wanted your input on this. We bought the house recently and the money is tight so we haven’t been able to decorate anything properly.

We had to settle for this kitchen furniture and the pantries were red and we wanted all black and white.

• Jenny Brandt February 11, 2012 at 20:50 #

I understand. i hope it works out. I’d give it à try!

Have à nice weekend.

7. Cigi February 11, 2012 at 20:45 #

Hi Jenny,
    Nice colors, both the green and the purple. I remember that once you said that your kitchen furniture was also painted with car paint, what a great ides, so shinny and protected.

• Jenny Brandt February 11, 2012 at 20:52 #

Hey cigi!
      Yes thats right. We are hopelessly messy so we need that! :)

8. Cecilie February 11, 2012 at 22:17 #

My mom’s husband is a car painter… it’s great to have him near when decorating!

9. Fina Liv February 11, 2012 at 23:33 #

Titta gärna in här

Annica v Hofsten

10. Fina Liv February 11, 2012 at 23:34 #

Titta gärna in här. http://www.finaliv.se

Annica v Hofsten

11. Line Mørk Petersen February 12, 2012 at 18:57 #

I hope you can you help me with a little furniture info. The white bench in your second picture. Who is the designer or manufacturer? I want one:)

Best regards
    Line

12. Annick Gaudreault February 21, 2012 at 20:11 #

Oh lord! I just realize that you and your sweet family were one of the families into Milk Déco! When I saw the green table, it looked familiar to me…
    By the way…I don’t want to be cheesy… but “your” pages into Milk were some of my favorites!

• Jenny Brandt February 21, 2012 at 20:20 #

Annick! Hah yes! You are right, that’s us. So sweet of you to say. :)

13. Marlene February 25, 2013 at 23:22 #

Is that a pink and green dirndl you’re wearing?? Could you post a pic of the whole dress? It looks gorgeous!

Also, your blog is great.

• Jenny Brandt February 25, 2013 at 23:34 #

Hey

It is viola in the picture. The dress is from a theatre here. That used to play “the sound of music”

• Marlene February 26, 2013 at 00:56 #

It’s the perfect dress for The Sound of Music. I have a mini collection of vintage German dirndls (ok, it’s only 2). Thanks for sharing!

• Jenny Brandt February 26, 2013 at 15:04 #