Ekorre – Our best toy

Both our families have gymnastic rings at home for the kids to play with.
(Top left and middle right – its Viola at Jennys house – the other photo’s are from my appartment).
We even have a pair at our cottage.
I want to say that we could throw out all the toys and just keep theese and my kids would still be happy.
They play with them first thing when they wake up, all day until bedtime.
And all the other kids that come and visit can’t stop moving around when they see them.

Della has great control over her body and part of it I think comes from using the rings every day.
Beppe is only 16 months but he takes the skateboard to be able to reach the rings.
Imagine all the training for them!

We bought these at IKEA – they are called Ekorre.

, , , , , , , ,

15 Responses to Ekorre – Our best toy

1. Jivin Sister Fanny April 19, 2011 at 07:09 #

Those things were my favorite at gym class! I consider buying it for our place now!

2. jelly roll fabric April 19, 2011 at 10:54 #

Never had those as a child… but they seem like a great idea. Been a big fan of the blog for a while – first time posting. Keep up the great work… I love your writing.

3. Jenny Brandt April 19, 2011 at 11:40 #

Vilken underbar bild på Della!

• Isabelle April 19, 2011 at 21:05 #

Yeah buy it! It is truly a great thing.
      And thanks jen!

4. jo April 20, 2011 at 20:34 #

I love her room, did you paint that wall, or is it wallpaper? I want to make one like that for my boys :-)

5. Tracy April 21, 2011 at 05:59 #

I have been thinking about buying those for awhile now. Are they pretty sturdy? Do they require any special hanging instructions? I am worried about them coming out of the ceiling, while me kids are hanging upside down on them!

• Isabelle April 22, 2011 at 18:58 #

Well i have hung then in several different homes. You can buy ekorre attachments to the cieling. Wich you screw With 4 screws.
      I think its very sturdy but I dont know about Your cieling.
      We allways hang in them, both me and My hubby, just to test them.
      I dont worry and somerimes i put an extra madrass under them.

6. ilse April 24, 2011 at 21:48 #

It’s a pitty the Ekorre swing isn’t being sold any more.
    Wanted to buy one last year and they were out off stock. Now I even can’t find the swing anymore on the Ikea site. Probably out of range, I guess.

7. Jen May 2, 2011 at 23:10 #

Oh, I wish we could get our hands on these.

Could you tell me is that wallpaper in the last photo? I absolutely love the colour range and graphic pattern.

I love your blog from Vancouver Canada.

8. Vitaliy December 11, 2014 at 23:13 #

All pleasures in 1 room. great! but is it room only for girls? I see the pink carpet)

• Isabelle McAllister December 12, 2014 at 22:18 #

Why is it only for girls? Because of the color pink? I think all colors are for all kids. It no such thing as a girl or a BOY color. I think thats something grown ups has made up for selling stuff not how it naturally are! Pink are a great color for everyone!

1. indoor gymnastics | the precious east - May 24, 2011

[...] by the wonderful blog DosFamily, we’ve installed some gymnastic rings in our house. Perfect for the crap Glasgow weather, and [...]

2. Ekorre ( en traduction Ikéa ça donne : des anneaux de balançoires trop chouettes !) - August 29, 2011

[...] chez Dos Family Par Pepette le 29 août 2011 dans la/les catégorie(s) : Jouets [...]

3. Seen and loved | The Red Thread - November 2, 2012

[...] also love the idea of having gym-style rings in children’s bedrooms. Awesome. Isabelle from Dos Family bought these at Ikea in Sweden. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like they stock them in Aus.. [...]

4. Play More: Build a Jungle Gym | curate this space - January 13, 2013

[...] by Isabelle’s Gymnastic Rings I added a climbing rope (there wasn’t enough space to include the rings), a cargo net, slide [...]