DIY- Cardboard box becomes a stove

Yesterday I was a guest on the largest swedish children Tv show, Bolibompa and I made a stove out of an old cardboard box. We painted it with chalkboard paint (I know -I’m addicted), decoraded it with old wallpaper (you can use gift wrap, drawings…)
The stove knobs was made of old buttons, wooden wheels and some wire.
I also made a hook out of an old spoon that I bent like the kid in Matrix.

The hot plates are made from old cork coasters.
They are also great if you paint them and put them on your wall – then the wall becomes like a huge dotted message board cause you can pin stuff on the cork dots!

, ,

9 Responses to DIY- Cardboard box becomes a stove

1. Jenny at Dos Family February 21, 2011 at 1:27 pm #

Viola väckte mig den dagen och sa “mamma, mamma vakna “Dellas mamma är på Bolibompa!”

2. Cez February 21, 2011 at 9:24 pm #

Great idea!!!! and nice realization !!!! …don’t worry …i have also something with chalkboard paint !!!! you are not alone… ;o))

3. Eva / Sycamore Street Press February 22, 2011 at 5:26 am #

What a great idea. Toy kitchens always seem to be so expensive… this is a great way of avoiding that!

4. Fröken Prickig February 23, 2011 at 1:44 pm #

Vilken bra idé! Jag har jättemånga sen ett år då jag önskade mig sådana där underlägg och ALLA, mamma, pappa, mormor, farmor, svärmor hörsammade önskan. Jag har tretton stycken!! Ska göra en till hallen THANK YOU! Nu känns de inte överflödiga längre;)

5. Mikaela February 23, 2011 at 6:53 pm #

Underbart smart idé!

6. Sofia "Bloggfia" February 23, 2011 at 9:03 pm #

Hej Isabelle! Tänkte bara säga att du är en fröjd att se på i “Fixa rummet”! Du är så kul och cool och naturlig med barnen och ni fixar så fint. Hela familjen har bänkat sig!
    /Sofia

7. Camila F. February 24, 2011 at 5:03 pm #

That’s so cool and adorable! ♥

8. florine February 27, 2012 at 11:40 am #

my daughter got a kitchen for her second birthday – a all plastic, superugly huge… thing. I will totally sell it on ebay and make one like this! great idea, as always isabelle!!

1. Charades. Fun for kids and grown ups | DosFamily - March 7, 2011

[...] she made an awesome puppet theater out of an old cardboard box and leftover fabric. (a bit like Isabelle´s stove). Camilla has a great eye for colors and her ideas are not only thrifty , they are also very pretty [...]