Yes it´s true there are Nazis in this beautiful and compassionate country

frokengul

Sweden is so pretty today but also very sad. Instagram is such a great place for people to connect and support.  One account has proved this to me over and over again. Its @frkgul All the love and compassion I see in the comments gives me hope of a better tomorrow. Many of us have followed Piia as her husband has fought cancer. She has written about it so gracefully and yesterday their story came to an heartbreaking end. My heart and mind is with them today as I listen to Markus Krunegård´s Askan Är Den Bästa Jorden.
Thank you @frkgul for sharing your story.

As I see the hashtag #ripmikael spreading all over instagram today I feel the need to talk about something else while our hearts are open.
This year is election year in Sweden. There are a few far right political parties that has gained a lot of ground here with their anti immigration speeches.  We see Nazis on our streets and in the media. NO I AM NOT KIDDING!  And it has to stop.

You might say “I´m sure there are no Nazis reading this blog, Jenny is preaching to people who already agree”
Sure. But there might be some of you who are considering not to vote in the upcoming The European Union- election.
You should.
Sweden is not the only European country with these far right parties.

18 Comments

Join the discussion and tell us your opinion.

Heidireply
May 06, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Så fint med den låten. Bär med mig den idag.

Jenny Brandtreply
May 06, 2014 at 11:05 AM
– In reply to: Heidi

Ja den är så fin.

Heidireply
May 06, 2014 at 11:05 AM

Så fint med den låten. Bär med mig den idag.

Aidareply
May 06, 2014 at 11:05 AM

The fact that you don’t go ‘Oh suuuure speaking up against Nazis is important, but it doesn’t go with the general happy and stylish concept of my Deco/DIY/Lifestyle-Blog’ is my absolute FAVOURITE part of this blog!

Jenny Brandtreply
May 06, 2014 at 12:05 PM
– In reply to: Aida

I´m happy you feel that way. Thank you for your comment.

Jessyreply
May 06, 2014 at 12:05 PM

I live in France, but because I’m American, I can’t vote…but there is a similar problem with parties on the right here. They appeal to the rural population by promising help to bring people back to the countryside and to help with agricultural policy, but they also are anti-immigration and fairly racist…and it’s really sad and upsetting for me! If you ARE European and CAN vote in the European elections, PLEASE VOTE.

Jenny Brandtreply
May 06, 2014 at 12:05 PM
– In reply to: Jessy

Jessy!
Sounds like the same problem. We live in the country side and 20% of the people in our area vote for a party called Sverige demokraterna. 20% !!!!! that is a lot!

Lets hope for a change.

Jessyreply
May 06, 2014 at 12:05 PM
– In reply to: Jenny Brandt

I live in a fairly rural part of France too, and in my mailbox there was a flyer for Marine le Pen (one of the leaders of the ‘Front National’ party)…I used to work with young people who agreed with a lot of the platform. Fingers crossed for all of us!

Jenny from dosfamilyreply
May 06, 2014 at 01:05 PM
– In reply to: Jessy

I have a friend who posted the propaganda papers that she got in her mail Box (from SD) on favebook with the comment “got this in the mail today, perfect cause I just ran out of toilet paper”

So funny

Norareply
May 06, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Thank you so much Jenny for posting this! Same problem in Germany where I live. And so many blogs I read, from everywhere around the world just never speak of politics, something I really don’t understand.

PLEASE GO VOTE!

Jenny from dosfamilyreply
May 06, 2014 at 01:05 PM
– In reply to: Nora

Nora!

Lets hope for a change.

I’m keeping the fingers on one hand crossed and the other one in a fist.

Elsareply
May 06, 2014 at 02:05 PM

Unfortunately not, in France it’s a bit the same. The polls are saying the french far-right party will come first to the European elections …
I cross my fingers that it doesn’t happen … not sure that’s enough … ;)

Mariereply
May 06, 2014 at 02:05 PM

Belgium has the same problem too.
We have elections this month and I ‘m afraid that the far right partie will win….they even want to separate my country!!

Elsereply
May 06, 2014 at 03:05 PM

Vote! Good people, vote!

enannanhelenareply
May 07, 2014 at 02:05 PM

Tio minuter innan jag började jobba här vid tangentbordet – ja, att läsa och titta på bra bloggar ingår såklart! i arbetsuppgifterna ;) – i alla fall, för tio minuter sedan damp röstkortet ner i lådan så NU är jag redo att göra min insats. Bort, bort, långt bort från obehagliga, egoistiska högertankar! Heja Jenny, för att du lyfter upp och fram!

/helena

christel maria nollereply
May 12, 2014 at 02:05 PM

Hej Jenny

Yes I know there are NAZIS in Sweden and also in Denmark,unfortunately this is real!
I hope also that many people will vote for the EU, it has never been so important.
I am very glad that you talk about this matter.
Thanks a lot for your courage to remind us!!

many good greetings from Christel

Jessyreply
May 25, 2014 at 11:05 PM

And, results are in… and the far right won here in France :(
I hope in a few years I’ll be a citizen so I can vote against this crazy stuff!

Jenny Brandtreply