Fixa Rummet ep.5 The Skate Barn

Video no longer available

In this weeks program we are going up north to Malung in Dalarna (

or again more north than me and Jenny are used to).
Sven is 12 and had an old barn in the family’s garden.
Sven, his older brother and friends loves to Skate but has almost nowhere to do it.
So Fixa Rummet went there and transformed a part of the barn to a mini skate park!

Me, Sven and the bathtub – soon to become a sofa. The tub that is.
I am wearing so much clothes this whole episode it looks like I am wearing a fat suit.
Almost as hillarious as my skating…

The bath sofa, comic strips walls, skateboard lamp and table.
This is the lounge area of the barn.

Kind of lousy photos. The whole crew thought someone else took stills.
Well of course no one did. The barn has a q-pipe, a miniramp and a drop.

Since Sven is living in the woods he wanted a city feeling.
We spray painted citys on masonite and cut it out.
Ropelights are glowing behind.

No house is complete without a swing!

Bye bye for now.

, , , , ,

8 Responses to Fixa Rummet ep.5 The Skate Barn

1. Cez February 4, 2011 at 10:44 pm #

yeah!!!!!! so great blog!!!!!! wonderful stories you tell us…..love it so much!!!!!
    i am already addicted…have a nice weekend there…
    i’d like to send you a picture of my crasy family for the family tour….could i?
    xoxo
    Cez

2. danielle February 5, 2011 at 5:18 am #

that’s so awesome. i wish i were that kid!!

3. gigi wenger February 7, 2011 at 12:57 am #

hi isabelle, i think this episode is my favourite – i love the complicity you have with each of these lucky kids!!! do you come overseas? my kids have lots of dreams too ;-)

4. Mrs J February 9, 2011 at 1:03 am #

Well, all four of my boys absolutely LOVED this barn! Only problem is, they now want to move to the countryside. Or if that’s not possible we could simply build a barn in our (tiny) garden? According to our yongest son, boat-beds rule, bunk beds suck big time…

5. erika February 9, 2011 at 9:44 pm #

I liked this one very much!! So cool and you have such a nice accent talking dutch ;-)

6. Isabelle February 10, 2011 at 11:22 am #

Thank you! It was one of my favourite making cause I simply loved the idea of the barn as well and I had som much fun skating.
    Mrs J maybe it is possible to do it in the garden. My daughter wants it in her bedroom along with a saddle chair, a aquaria, etc etc. I ran out of excuses!

Gigi – I’d love to come overseas- maybe I can do a tour?

Erika- Dank u wel! Mijn moeder komt uit Gent en ik heb in belgie gewoondt. (Still cant spell properly though – in any language that is…).

Cez. send you photo to isabelle@dosfmily.com. I’m so glad you enjoy it!

7. shireen October 11, 2011 at 8:25 pm #

hej isabelle jag vill att du kommer hem till mig och fixar mit rum jag bår i hemdals väg 2 norsborg och på boten våning snälla kan du komma

8. maria November 27, 2011 at 8:53 pm #

Me encanta tu programa………lo he descubierto en deco peques……….ajajajaj
    ¿como puedo encontrar los videos que no estan en la pagina de television ?
    en especial me gustaria volver a ver el granero skater……….mis hijos quieren saber ¿como has doblado las planchas de aglomerado?…………jajajaja
    Desde Ibiza – españa tus fans : mis hijos de 11 y 9 años………(mejor que canarias….ajajjajajaj )
    Gracias…………..y unas cañas !