Fixa Rummet ep.4 – I Love Horses

Sorry! this SVT-video is no longer available.

Another week has past by. 2011 is a year in speed!

Jenny and I are making plans for DosFamilys future – we are going to be better, stronger and faster!

This weeks episode of Fixa Rummet is all about horses.
Zoe wanted a room full of them and 9 shades of purple – I got it down to 3 shades.
The bed is made of shelves from IKEA and then we decorated it with wood painted as jumping obstacles.

One horse was painted on the wall as well as a tree. The flowers is made of paper and glue so they are 3D.

We bought an old office chair – second hand and the took of the old seat and replace it with a saddle.
hope you will enjoy this episode!

16 Comments

Join the discussion and tell us your opinion.

Siw Eriksenreply
January 28, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Takk for at du legger link til programmet. Kjempetøft og gjennomført rom. Likte spesielt treet med papirblomstene ;) Fin weekend til deg!

Kym Maxwellreply
January 31, 2011 at 03:01 PM

Isabelle

I love this one it is brilliant, well I love them all biut this one is special cause i never liked purple as a little girl but now I see it’s relevance and the strong emphasis on design and minimalism, it’s so chic… that’s also a word I don’t use very often.

I love your work, hey well done, so excited for you and the dinner artists serious, man that’s mad, wild – it’s gorgeous Isabelle

xx Kym Maxwell

Im in Melbourne have a look sometime
lalahiprism.blogspot.com

Autumn Kimball (Jensen)reply
January 31, 2011 at 07:01 PM

I am a retired fashion designer now a mom of quadruplet boys. I am American Norwegian! I love your blog and attitude I would love if you would take a gander at my blog.

Autumn Kimball

lisareply
January 31, 2011 at 08:01 PM

jag och min 3,5-åring brukar svtplaya dig i sängen när vi är sjuka eller vill mysa lite. så idag började hon rita sitt rum (ett annat nytt rum) med dator, tv, radio, såna där fina burkar du gjorde på en hylla och lite annat smått och gott. sen en halvtimme senare säger hon: ska vi fixa mitt rum nu? och jag frågar vad hon menar och hon svarar: som isabelle! och när hon inser att vi inte kommer att fixa hennes rum ikväll blir hon väldigt sur. så isabelle. du får nog komma hit och fixa rum

du är för övrigt fantastisk och en STOR inspirationskälla. tack!

wiekereply
January 31, 2011 at 10:01 PM

Oohhh, I would have LOVED to have a room like that when I was still a horse crazy little girl… The black paintings on the wall and the paper flowers are really cool. Those butterfly stockings are cute, too. Great job!!

Anonymousreply
February 01, 2011 at 06:02 PM

Me and my children (6 and 4) absolutely love your program. My kids don’t understand Swedish at all but the don’t care… Fixa rummet is their favorite show. ” Mum can we watch that wonderful Isabel and the show where adults don’t mess all the things :)

Isabellereply
February 01, 2011 at 11:02 PM

I am so happy with all the comments from you. It makes me cry that seem to enjoy it all over the world! I Sure am looking at your blogs!
Thank you so so much!
Isabelle

Heidireply
November 20, 2012 at 07:11 PM
– In reply to: Isabelle

How did you make the paper flowers?

véroniquereply
February 04, 2011 at 01:02 PM

The room is superbe ! Bravo
véronique

safiroreply
November 20, 2011 at 04:11 PM

hej! jag heter safiro och jag är 10 år och bår i Falkenberg i rrönge bär 15a mit rum er såmet barn rum och masor med leksaker jag inte vill ha snälla hjälp mig

safiroreply
November 20, 2011 at 04:11 PM

TRÖNGEBERG

tovereply
March 30, 2012 at 05:03 PM

vilket fint rom

Aftonreply
April 08, 2013 at 01:04 AM

I just got an old english saddle to create the chair and saw you took the video down. I would like to know if you could send it to me so I could make the chair. I would really apppreciate it of you could.

Isabelle McAllisterreply
April 08, 2013 at 01:04 PM
– In reply to: Afton

How great to hear! Well we didn’t have the full showing of how it was done – the chair. And the video is removed of the Swedish broadcasting rights so if it going on rerun it’s going on again. We just used bults and nuts and just removed the seat of an old chair and attached it in the under layers of leather. Good luck

Alexreply
November 10, 2013 at 02:11 AM

Just wondering how you made the bed? What type of shelf was it and is the bed just a mattress? Really want to recreate it myself!!!

Dotreply
January 26, 2015 at 10:01 PM

How did you mount the saddle on the base? I’ve been trying to make one forever!