Viola´s secret basket

img_5575

Some of you properly already saw this at Design Sponge when we guest blogged there, but since I have done so many kids-related posts lately I thought this would fit right in. Later this week I have a new visit for you.

“A Secret Basket”
It is really easy.
Viola´s grandmother made her this basket, she is a very talented and crafty lady, but you could use any basket. Size or shape.

img_5548

We bought some rope, screws and a pulley at the local hardwear store. Tied the rope to the basket and attached the pulley to a beam in the ceiling of her room.
You can use the same principal on a regular ceiling or outside in a tree. For safety precautions make sure to use small screws that would not be able to hold anything heavy. And tell your kids about the hazards surrounding a rope or even better don´t let them play unattended.

img_5516img_5537img_5524

Next time Viola is going to have a friend over she is going to prepare the basket with some snacks. And when her little friend is in the mood for a snack Viola will swing the secret basket down in a blink of an eye.
She can not wait.

violaimg_5526img_5546

, , , ,

11 Responses to Viola´s secret basket

1. linenandlilac March 29, 2010 at 1:30 pm #

I love your basket!

2. linenandlilac March 29, 2010 at 1:38 pm #

I love the colors og Viola’s basket!

3. Martha March 29, 2010 at 1:51 pm #

Hello. Just visiting to let you know the images in your RSS feed have been broken in my reader for the past several posts. I will try unsubscribing/resubscribing but wanted to pass it on as maybe others are having the same problem?

4. Elin March 29, 2010 at 4:10 pm #

I have the same problem as Martha describes. The photos will not show up in my google reader anymore.

Jenny answering: I am so sorry to hear this. I will look into it. Thanks for letting us know.

5. Emma March 30, 2010 at 2:16 am #

What a great idea. I remember as a kid that they very top shelf in my closet was my secret hiding place that no one was suppose to see or touch! I collected all sorts of things and hid them up there. I think kids need their own little piece of privacy and secrecy.

6. fliss March 30, 2010 at 4:37 am #

this is so sweet…what a great and easy idea. i think i will have to make one for my kids rooms once we finish the reno’s.
    love the Dos blog and all within it…thanks :)

7. RugStore March 30, 2010 at 10:20 am #

Just love the basket, what a lovely post. xx

8. Jenx March 30, 2010 at 8:07 pm #

Mee too, the photos aren’t showing in Bloglines. Thank you for the basket idea!

9. shisomama March 31, 2010 at 4:04 am #

After reading about Viola’s secret basket, we had to install one for my son’s 5th birthday! It’s in his room, and is helping him keep his treasures away from his 2 year old sister. He loves it! Thank you for the fantastic idea.

Jenny answering: This makes me so happy. How fun! Viola is loving hers still. Do send me a photo of it if you ever take one.

10. Brit March 31, 2010 at 5:46 am #

Your daughter, Viola, is so cute! She really looks like you!

1. Viola´s secret basket | DosFamily - March 29, 2010

[...] the article here: Viola´s secret basket | DosFamily Posted in Basket | Tags: little-friend, mood, [...]