Today´s Guest blogger: Ebony Bizys. Sydney . Austrailia
I am Ebony Bizys from Hello Sandwich blog.
Eeeep! I am so excited to be here today!
What gorgeous and talented company to be amoungst – Amazing Mette from Ungt Blod , Lovely Elisabeth Dunker from Fine Little Day , and a blog a little closer to home in Australia, Little Miss Craftastic Pip from Meet me at Mikes .
It’s not long to go now until Christmas!
How exciting! Do you have all of your presents? Yes? Great! Yay for you!
But have you wrapped them yet? I bet you have you organised little things! But if you are anything like me and Miss-Leave-It-To-Last-Minute, this might be the post for you!
I wanted to share with you a few Gift Wrapping Ideas. I just LOVE Gift Wrapping! In fact, you might have seen my little Gift Wrapping Post here! Here are a few little tips from the post:
1. I started a ribbon and trims box collecting odd pieces throughout the year. I use the long bits of ribbon to tie around gifts and I make bows and gift tag ties from the mini-me lengths.
2. I love using recycled paper or wallpaper off-cuts for interesting wrapping. I once found 6 rolls of canary yellow floral 1960′s wallpaper on ebay and used it to wrap all of my gifts at Christmas. If I see something in a magazine I love, or a cute press release or poster, I make a few colour photocopies of it and use to gift wrap small trinkets like a lipstick or hair bow.
3. I generally save off-cuts of gift wrap and use them as a kind of belly band or feature strip on other gifts to add a nice contrast to the main gift wrap.
4. I think bows and corsages on gifts are so cute when formed out of unexpected materials such as pipe cleaners, leaves and crepe paper. I love to include fake flowers or paper doily’s purchased from variety stores.
5. I always invest in some pretty tape to give attention to detail to the underside of the gift (and to use to attach decoration to the top of the gift). At the moment my favourites are a lemon yellow gingham tape, metallic coloured tape and MT Japanese tape.
6. Sometimes I wrap gifts in a pastel coloured tissue paper, then scatter with some glitter or paper confetti and re-wrap in some biodegradable cellophane. Not to be advised if the present opening is taking place at your house!
7. I make my own gift tags each year from scanning either my custom Christmas card design or my favourite image, scaling it down to gift tag size and step and repeating to print on A4 paper. Either that or I use little cardboard off-cuts or manila tags and stamp the recipients name with these with Kikki K Wooden Alphabet stamps. Time consuming but well worth it!
8. Another super cute idea is to make your own little contact bows filled with confetti and glitter.
My little gift to you today is some ‘Designed by Hello Sandwich Gift Wrapping Paper’ and the pattern for my ‘Festive Season Decoration Set’ so that you can print out, cut out, and make your own little decorations for your special Christmas. Enjoy! If you would like this please feel free to email me at email@example.com and I will email you the files. Please kindly write ‘Hello Sandwich Download Gift’ in the subject line.
And if you find you still need a little more inspiration? You might like my Hello Sandwich Little Wrapping Inspiration Zine or my Hello Sandwich Gift Wrapping Set both online at the Hello Sandwich Shop.
Have a gorgeous festive season and a fantastic 2010!