Dos Visit Jenny Myrsell

Stockholm 22nd of May 2010.
On this Sunday morning I walked through the streets of “Söder” on my way to visit Jenny Myrsell with my camera. It was pretty early, the streets were empty and the light gave everything a warm and red tint.

I had never met Jenny and all I knew about her home was what I had seen on small thumbnail pictures, received over mail. And it seemed that her home had lots of things that will make great photos. So I was exited when I walked through the door to realize I was right!

Me and Jenny started with a cup of coffee in her kitchen.
We talked and quickly it became clear to me that Jenny is driven by passion. In life she is pursuing things she feels strongly about.

With a history of set design for galleries and shows she now works as an art educator at a school for kids with autism.
This reality started as a dream when her youngest son was diagnosed with autism.

Jenny speaks so openly about her son and even though I understand that this has not been easy, it is so inspiring to listen to Jenny as she talks about her son Benjamin and his ways to communicates through his artwork. I really admire her optimism and her ability to see things so clearly.
And Benjamin´s drawings and comic strips are so fun and fascinating.

The house was built in 1907. Jenny has lived here for 13 years. In that time she has not bought any furniture new. All is vintage.
And she is a collector. She has three decorated dollhouses. And everywhere piles of things and boxes of treasures.

Jenny has three sons Ludde ,23, Theo,14, and Benjamin 9 years old. The two youngest still live at home while Ludde has left the nest.
And “the nest” is a good way to describe the home. It is cozy and fun, and I wanted to stay there all day.
Enjoy!
Click the image below for the whole slideshow or the small thumbnails for single photos.

Thumb

, , , , , ,

23 Responses to Dos Visit Jenny Myrsell

1. Jenny at Dos Family September 27, 2010 at 5:15 pm #

We now have spam-control. Finally! I hope there will be no trouble for you commenting though.

Jenny

2. Jenny at Dos Family September 27, 2010 at 5:16 pm #

And for those of you who want to ad an Profile picture to your comment go to http://www.gravatar.com and get yourself one!

3. Heidi September 27, 2010 at 5:23 pm #

Magi.
    Jag har tappat mina ord, det är så fint….
    Älskar morgonljuset.
    Bravo.

4. Annika September 27, 2010 at 5:42 pm #

ååå jag älskar dina visiter!!! och det jag framförallt gillar är att hemmen inte är så där superstädade och stylade, det känns som du kommit in där vilken dag som helst och bara fotat den fina vardagen. lovely!!!

5. mette September 27, 2010 at 6:25 pm #

love it! i want my mac decorated like that!

6. christina September 27, 2010 at 7:18 pm #

thank you! this is so great! I absolutely love everything about their flat – especially the Mumin cups and stickers :). unfortunately it is so difficult to get Mumin things (other than the books) here in Germany!

7. mikaela September 27, 2010 at 8:26 pm #

Håller med ovanstående, älskar att du kliver rakt in i “vanliga” hem, är lite trött på alla vita välordnade hem, jag vill se hur det är på riktigt. Såååå kreativt att titta på. Älskar tangentbordet, vill köpa!

8. christina September 28, 2010 at 10:34 am #

åh, vill se mer, vill se mer!!
    så fint så. :-)

9. Laura September 28, 2010 at 11:33 am #

Good to have you and your great visits back!

10. Kicki September 29, 2010 at 4:19 pm #

Så kärleksfullt! Älskar katten på väggen. Och en massa annat.

11. nath September 30, 2010 at 8:36 pm #

Jeeeeeennnnnny! hello! so nice to see you back and over at mine too! as ever a lovely lovely home. esp love the kitchen and the customised macbook!

12. Mandy October 1, 2010 at 11:56 am #

What an inspirational story, and such a lovely home too !!!

13. Lycke October 2, 2010 at 7:57 am #

Underbart! Här känner man sig hemma ;)

Kramar Lycke

14. Persilja October 2, 2010 at 9:20 am #

Ååååååååååååååååååååååå finaste EVER!!!!!! Alla andra hem ni visat är fina också men det här var bara SÅÅÅÅÅÅ tillåtande och levnadsglatt och personligt att jag fick ett skutt i hjärtat!!!! Ett jättegigantiskt glädjefnattskutt!

15. Julie October 2, 2010 at 8:50 pm #

Love the home and story, i also have a son with autism and 9 years old. It’s great to see the drawings that means he’s open to the world around him! Thanks for sharing.

16. sara October 3, 2010 at 8:43 pm #

va fint, va jättefint! speciellt tangentbordet och morgonljuset!

17. Jennifer October 4, 2010 at 1:23 am #

Beautiful! Such a warm and cozy home. Can you tell me where the wall shelf with fabric pockets is from in image #11? I need something just like that!

18. Tapestry Art October 10, 2010 at 11:05 am #

I love those collages made of papers and photos, etc, they are so personal and fascinating to guests who love to peep at your wall decor and find out what is going on in those pieces! And that apple keyboard with the colors – is it working still? It’s unexpected art for sure.

19. joanne @ calle October 19, 2010 at 4:47 am #

Great home/pictures!

I was wondering on Image #5, there is a multi-colored basket, do you know where that was purchased? I’ve been seeing it all over blogs…I also saw it in your most recent house tour….

20. Angie September 25, 2011 at 10:27 pm #

What a lovely, amazing colourful home! On the first picture there are two little owls (salt and pepper?). Do you know where they are from, as I absolutely love them and would love to get a pair myself!

Angie x

1. Kitchen Countertops | DosFamily - August 15, 2011

[...] I´m pretty sure taking this photo made me blush. And at Jenny´s home. One of my fondest visits. See it here. from → Dos Family, Jenny Jenny Brandt View all posts by Jenny Brandt No comments yet Click [...]

2. Why Digital Coloring Book Apps are GREAT! | Nick Versus Growing Up - February 12, 2012

[...] dosfamily.com via quirky on [...]

3. När olyckan är framme | Highway Design - February 25, 2013